FAQ – Traffic Management Plan Tips

Check Which Authority is Responsible for the Road?

Every Road in Victoria is either governed by Vic Roads or a Local Municipality.
The easiest way to determine which authority is responsible is to check the colour of the road in your Melways – Black & Red Roads are Vic Roads other Roads are Local Council Roads.

Does the Road have a Bus Route on it?

Any activities proposed on a road that has a bus route will require the Bus Company to give approval of your works before a permit can be issued.

Does the Road have a designated Clearway?

Roads that have Clearways will get restricted permit times they must comply to, usually similar to the Clearway times.

Approval Times?

It takes up to 15 working days to get a Memorandum of Approval (MOA) to work on Vic Roads designated roads and 5 – 7 Working days for a local council approval.